Sylver Rain Consulting is an IT & Professional Services solutions provider and proven expert in providing skilled consultants to meet any business need. We specialize in custom software development, cloud computing, IT project support services, 508 compliance, IT infrastructure and systems integration. Sylver Rain is looking for an Human Resource Generalist/ Recruiter to run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruiting, hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
· Works with Management Area and Sr. HR Leaders to develop comprehensive recruitment strategy.
· Identifies/researches alternative recruitment methods such as online recruitment methods, professional organizations, technical programs and universities to target technically skilled individuals requiring highly specific industry
· Provides recommendations to leadership in determining recruitment budget to include job fairs, campus events, recruitment tools and vendor
· Writes and places advertisements and job postings
· Ensures up-to-date recruitment metrics are maintained and provided to Senior Leadership on a weekly basis, detailing hiring activity to include: number of openings, average days open, average fill days, incumbent, location, business unit, status,
· Proactively source through research, applicant sourcing websites (Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.) cold- calling, referrals, organizations, events, etc. to generate qualified candidates
· Pipelining and Talent Mapping to determine top talent in the Industry
· Screen and submit resumes for open positions
· Schedule and conduct interviews to determine organizational fit
· Process, extend and negotiate offers as needed while maintaining confidentiality and respect at all times
· Maintain applicant tracking system (Freshteams)
· Supports new hires in the completion of onboarding paperwork
· Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
· Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
· Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
· Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
· Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Will assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
· At least three years of recruiting experience (both technical and administrative)
· At least three years of human resource management experience preferred.
· SHRM-CP a plus.