Sylver Rain Consulting is an IT & Professional Services solutions provider and proven expert in providing skilled consultants to meet any business need. We specialize in custom software development, cloud computing, IT project support services, 508 compliance, IT infrastructure and systems integration. Sylver Rain is looking for an Sr. IT Specialist/ System Administrator to support virtual hardware and software environment to include the installation, operation, monitoring, provisioning, and maintenance of virtual environments (VMWare) and Storage Area Network (SAN).
The Administrator shall troubleshoot the environment to correct malfunctions and restore operations. Monitor servers, applications, and services to facilitate the early detection of incidents, impending outages, or degradations. Work with Enterprise Engineering to establish and enforce standards, normalize, and reduce variation in the virtual environments.
- Perform and document periodic hardware maintenance to keep the virtual environment and network storage components operating within functional and design specifications.
- Operate and maintain items such as servers (physical and virtual), firmware, operating systems (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Linux/Unix, and Solaris), and application software
- Troubleshoot the environment to correct malfunctions and restore operations in coordination with Incident Management processes
- Implement all relevant firmware upgrades, security patches, and measures for hardware, operating systems, and software.
- Monitor, create, and close service request tickets for incidents and problems within the client IT ServiceNow system on servers, applications, and services to facilitate the early detection of incidents, impending outages, or degradations.
- Implement and configure a “network enclave” for scientific instrumentation in a laboratory environment, including working with scientific instrument vendors and advising customers of optimal solutions for scientific data and workflows.
- Provide support of data structures, connectors, domain structure, Active Directory group policies, security groups and the application of software patching using configuration support toolsets is required to ensure system uptimes and data availability
- Implement necessary solutions to fulfill criteria established and approved by the client to ensure the successful migration and restoration of application resources. This includes any required disaster recover capabilities, test and quality assurance environments, and associated processes.
- Perform isolated network task for facilities related control system.
- Maintain master operating system configuration and server patching capabilities.
- Develop and maintain hardware and software documentation in coordination with configuration and change management policies and procedures.
- Work with the SAN Management and disaster recovery solutions such as (Nimble and Cohesity) to ensure the appropriate capacity is available to meet demands on the environment
- Advise client regarding any required modifications or upgrades to equipment and software
- Support the Service Level Management (SLM) process and participate in the establishment of service levels. Shall aid in the proper tracking of service thresholds and events to measure service levels accurately.
- 5+ years of experience in systems administration
- 5+ years of experience supporting virtual hardware and software environments
- 5+ years of experience with installation, operation, monitoring, provisioning, and maintenance of virtual environments (VMWare) and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting environments to correct malfunctions and restore operations.
- 5+ years of experience monitoring servers, applications, and services to facilitate the early detection of incidents, impending outages, or degradations.
- 5+ years of experience establishing and enforcing standards, normalize, and reduce variation in the virtual environments.
Bachelors Degree required
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying